Social Media Stock Earnings Alert; LinkedIn (LNKD) Sets New High on Earnings
Point Roberts WA, NEW YORK, NY –February 6,2015 - Investorideas.com, a global news source covering leading sectors including tech stocks reports on social media stock LinkedIn Corporation (LNKD:NYSE). The stock hit a new high of $271.49 following its earning news being digested by investors.
It’s a good day for investors in the social media sector, with Twitter (TWTR) trading at $47.65, up 6.39 (15.49%) as of 10:31AM EST, with a high of $48.8 on its earnings reported at the close yesterday.
Read this release in full at http://www.investorideas.com/news/2015/technology/02063.asp
LinkedIn Corporation Earnings:
• Revenue for the fourth quarter was $643 million, an increase of 44% compared to $447 million in the fourth quarter of 2013. Revenue in 2014 was $2,219 million, an increase of 45% compared to $1,529 million in 2013.
• Net income attributable to common stockholders for the fourth quarter was $3 million, compared to net income of $4 million for the fourth quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $77 million, compared to $48 million for the fourth quarter of 2013. Net loss attributable to common stockholders in 2014 was ($16) million, compared to net income of $27 million in 2013. Non-GAAP net income in 2014 was $254 million, compared to $192 million in 2013. Non-GAAP net income excludes tax affected non-cash items, such as stock-based compensation and amortization of acquired intangible assets. For additional information, see section "Non-GAAP Financial Measures."
• Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $179 million, or 28% of revenue, compared to $111 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, or 25% of revenue. Adjusted EBITDA in 2014 was $592 million, or 27% of revenue, compared to $376 million in 2013, or 25% of revenue.
• GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.02, compared to GAAP diluted EPS of $0.03 for the fourth quarter 2013; non-GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $0.61, compared to non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.39 for the fourth quarter of 2013. GAAP diluted EPS in 2014 was ($0.13), compared to GAAP diluted EPS of $0.23 in 2013; non-GAAP diluted EPS in 2014 was $2.02, compared to non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.61 in 2013.
"The fourth quarter capped another successful year for LinkedIn, which was marked by steady member growth and strong financial results," said Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. "We continued to make significant progress against a number of multi-year, strategic initiatives including mobile, jobs, content, and global expansion."
Fourth Quarter Operating Summary
• Talent Solutions: Revenue from Talent Solutions products totaled $369 million, an increase of 41% compared to the fourth quarter of 2013. Talent Solutions revenue represented 57% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014, compared to 58% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013.
• Marketing Solutions: Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $153 million, an increase of 56% compared to the fourth quarter of 2013. Marketing Solutions revenue represented 24% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014, compared to 22% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013.
• Premium Subscriptions: Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $121 million, an increase of 38% compared to the fourth quarter of 2013. Premium Subscriptions represented 19% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014, compared to 20% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Revenue from the U.S. totaled $388 million, and represented 60% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014. Revenue from international markets totaled $255 million, and represented 40% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Revenue from the field sales channel totaled $414 million, and represented 64% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014. Revenue from the online channel totaled $230 million, and represented 36% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014.
2014 Highlights and Strategic Announcements
Throughout 2014, LinkedIn:
• Increased the scale and relevance of job listings through the acquisition of Bright. LinkedIn now has 3 million active job listings on the platform, an approximate 10x increase versus last year. As we continue to add jobs on LinkedIn, we grow closer to realizing our vision of having every job in the world on LinkedIn.
• Expanded the professional publishing platform by introducing long-form posting to more than 230 million English-speaking members. Members are increasingly creating content on LinkedIn, and we recently surpassed one million total long-form posts and 50,000 posts per week. Through the publishing platform, Pulse, and SlideShare, we seek to make the world's professional knowledge available on LinkedIn.
• Broadened its global reach, with nearly 70% of total members coming from non-U.S. geographies. In February, we launched a localized version of LinkedIn in Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese. Since launch, LinkedIn has nearly doubled its Chinese member base from 4 million to more than 8 million. More recently, LinkedIn's application for an ICP license in China for the local Chinese LinkedIn site was approved, better enabling us to connect the world's professionals.
"The fourth quarter underscored a strong 2014 for LinkedIn, as we demonstrated growing organic engagement and solid performance across our three, diverse product lines." said Steve Sordello, CFO of LinkedIn. "Entering 2015, we plan to continue investing in our long-term roadmap to further pursue our vision to build the world's first economic graph."
LinkedIn is providing guidance for the first quarter and full year of 2015:
• Q1 2015 Guidance: Revenue is expected to range between $618 million and $622 million. Adjusted EBITDA is expected to range between $152 million and $154 million. Non-GAAP EPS is expected to be approximately $0.53. The company expects depreciation of approximately $61 million, amortization of approximately $12 million, stock-based compensation of approximately $103 million, and 128 million fully-diluted weighted shares.
• Full Year 2015 Guidance: Revenue is expected to range between $2.93 billion and $2.95 billion. Adjusted EBITDA is expected to be approximately $785 million. Non-GAAP EPS is expected to be approximately $2.95. The company expects depreciation of approximately $270 million, amortization of approximately $45 million, stock-based compensation of approximately $460 million, and approximately 130 million fully-diluted weighted shares.
InvestorIdeas.com newswire is a global recognized news source. We publish original content, third party investment commentary, contributor articles, company news and press releases in leading sectors.
Sectors we cover in include mining, energy, renewable energy, water stocks, food and beverage (including organic and LOHAS, wine), defense and security, biotech, technology and mobile. We have also recently expanded our global coverage to include Latin American stocks, sports and entertainment.
Follow Investorideas.com on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Sign up for free news alerts at Investorideas.com
Become an Investorideas.com Member and access our online stock directories listing thousands of publicly traded stocks in leading sectors
Disclaimer/ Disclosure: The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news and research as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions, content marketing and online advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.
800 665 0411